Our Ethos and Values
Puffins - with head teacher
"Feels like a family, not a school. " Parent (April 2017)
Our school is underpinned by our ethos of -
Valuing the child,
Creating a future of endless possibilities.
This statement encapsulates how we feel about our school, our teaching and the children's learning opportunities.
- We understand the importance of ensuring children are safe and well cared for in order for them to learn and flourish. Safeguarding is at the heart of our practice.
- We value our caring environment where children develop positive attitudes towards themselves and others and their learning.
- We hope that by the end of their primary schooling each child will have developed to their full potential both socially and academically and will have a firm foundation on which to base further learning.
- Each child is an individual and we endeavour to treat them as such.
- Children learn in a variety of different ways and contexts. Our use of the outdoors to inspire learning is intrinsic in our provision.
- Parental involvement is hugely important in children’s learning and we work together closely as a team for the good of the child.
In November 2014 the Department For Education (DFE) published guidance on promoting British values in schools to ensure young people leave school prepared for life in modern Britain.
The guidance states that we have a duty to ‘actively promote’ the fundamental British values of:
• The rule of law
• Individual liberty
• Mutual respect
• Tolerance of those of different faiths and beliefs
We believe it is incredibly important that these British Values permeate through every school in the country.
Please follow this link to see how these values are identified and addressed in our everyday practice.